Information about The John Fisher School
- Currently Oversubscribed
- Ofsted 'Outstanding' Sixth Form
- 'Outstanding' Section 48 Inspection report
- 90% A*-C in GCSE Maths & 91% A*-C in GCSE English in 2015
- 1/2 of all grades in GSCE Physics & GCSE Chemistry were A*-A grades and 3/4 of all grades in GCSE Biology A*-A grades in 2015
- A level ALPs 'Outstanding/Excellent' judgements in 2015: Maths, History, Geography, Music, Art, Business Studies, Economics, Media
- Runners Up in National Rugby Sevens 2015
- Award Winning Choir (Sutton & Cheam Festival 2015)
- SSAT Double Award Winners 2015
- Pupil Premium Award Winners 2016
- New £2.8 million building opening July 2016
- 150 more students joining Year 7 (2016-2020)
- Strong community identity (The John Fisher School Association raised £14,500 at this year's fete in May).
Please feel free to to visit our school on one of our Open Mornings. The next Open Mornings for parents/carers of Yr 6 students will take place 9.00-10.00am on Tuesday 28th June, Thursday 30th June and Tuesday 5th July. We can accomodate up to 30 parents/carers on any one of the mornings. To book a place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
It is a privilege to be the Headteacher of the John Fisher School which is no ordinary school. John Fisher is one of the leading Catholic boys' schools in England. I am proud to work alongside established colleagues and am excited about working with a number of newly appointed staff with a proven track record who will be joining us in September 2016.
We pride ourselves on offering an excellent educational experience for all our students. Our students will always be our priority, instilling aspiration and meeting their needs comes first. The John Fisher School has a tradition of academic success, cultural and sporting excellence combined with phenomenal pastoral care, guidance and support. The John Fisher School opened in 1929 and whilst we embrace it's past we continue to redefine our horizons.
We are a values-led institution. Our Christian and shared values underpin an inclusive ethos where faith is taken seriously. There is a culture of high standards for everyone who learns and works in our school. We are not interested in low expectations, fixed mind-sets, or making excuses. We are interested in unlocking the God-given potential of every individual within a caring and supportive learning environment. John Fisher is often described as "more than a school" but rather a hub in the community. It is the strength of the relationships and the goodness of the people attached to our school which makes us stand out. Our students fully understand the importance of representing The John Fisher School with pride and distinction.
I hope that this website gives you a flavour of our school and the distinguished reputation it has as a beacon of Catholic education for boys.
Mr P E McCullagh
The John Fisher School: SSAT Double Award Winners 2015 & Pupil Premium Award Winners 2016