Information about The John Fisher School
- Oversubscribed (150 more students joining Yr 7 (2016-2020). There will be 1200 students on roll in 2020.
- Ofsted 'Outstanding' Sixth Form. A-level results judged 'Outstanding' (ALPs - August 2016).
- 'Outstanding' Section 48 Inspection report (for Schools with a Religious character).
- Weekly Collective Worship in The Chapel and there is a morning mass which students can attend each day. There is a faith club for students and a reflection group for staff members.
- 91% A*-C in GCSE Maths & 95% A*-C in GCSE English in 2016. 83% GCSE 5 A*-C including English & Maths. Our P8 score was 'above average' at 0.11 (Higher Ability: 0.09, Middle: 0.08, Lower: 0.28) and our A8 score was 57points. For further information on our results please click here: https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/school/103009
- English Department awarded the 'Prince's Teaching Institute 2016 Mark'.
- Over 1/2 of all grades in GSCE Physics & GCSE Biology were A*-A grades and 71% of all grades in GCSE Chemistry A*-A grades in 2016.
- Specialist Leader responsible for Computing recruited for 2016/7 along a Literacy specialist.
- A level results (2016) A*-A: 26%, A*-B: 61%, A*-C: 84%, A*-E: 100%. A-level with BTEC equivalents (2016) A*-A: 46%, A*-B: 68%, A*-C: 88% and A*-E: 100%.
- A Level courses judged 'Excellent'/'Outstanding' (ALPs August 2016): English Language & Literature, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, History, Art, Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), Business Studies, Economics, Geography, Design Technology, Sport & Exercise Sciences.
- SSAT Double Award Winners for Exceptional student progress and attainment 2015.
- Pupil Premium Award Winners 2016.
- Broad curriculum offer, a 3yr Key Stage 4 programme and an extensive extended schools programme to include Duke of Edinburgh Award, debating and Shakespeare Schools Festival.
- Specialist Leader in Education (SLE) leads the Modern Foreign Languages department to include Mandarin, Portuguese and Italian.
- Award Winning Choir (Sutton & Cheam Festival 2014, 2015, 2016) & lessons available in violin, viola, cello, flute, clarinet, saxophone, a variety of brass, drums, guitar, piano and keyboard.
- Runners Up in National Rugby Sevens 2015 & Sutton LA Athletics champions 2015 & 2016.
- We are in the top 100 schools for Cricket in the country (The Cricketer) and named in 'The Playing Fields of England: An A-Z Guide to the Summer Game's Top 100 Schools'.
- We are in the top 10 schools nationally for Cross country running and one of our Sixth Form student's is currently representing England.
- New £2.8 million building opened in September 2016 (New Science laboratories, 10 new classrooms and innovative learning spaces).
- Phenomenal pastoral support & a student led 'Talk Easy Trust' mental health support available for all year groups.
- Lead Sutton's Science Hub training new teachers and work in partnership with King's College London.
- Overseas residential experiences to Austria, Spain, Belgium, France, S Africa, USA and New Zealand.
- Exceptionally strong ethos of inclusive aspiration, strong community identity and sense of 'family'.
Please feel free to contact our Admissions Officer (email@example.com) if you have any questions/queries regarding how to apply for a place at our excellent school.
It is a privilege to be the Headteacher of the John Fisher School which is no ordinary school. John Fisher is one of the leading Catholic boys' schools in England. I am proud to work alongside established colleagues and am excited about working with a number of newly appointed staff with a proven track record who will be joining us in September 2016.
We pride ourselves on offering an excellent educational experience for all our students. Our students will always be our priority, instilling aspiration and meeting their needs comes first. The John Fisher School has a tradition of academic success, cultural and sporting excellence combined with phenomenal pastoral care, guidance and support. The John Fisher School opened in 1929 and whilst we embrace it's past we continue to redefine our horizons. We continously aim to be a great school because we understand that great schools change lives.
We are a values-led institution. Our Christian and shared values underpin an inclusive ethos where faith is taken seriously. There is a culture of high standards for everyone who learns and works in our school. We are not interested in low expectations, fixed mind-sets, or making excuses. We are interested in unlocking the God-given potential of every individual within a caring and supportive learning environment. John Fisher is often described as "more than a school" but rather a hub in the community. It is the strength of the relationships and the goodness of the people attached to our school which makes us stand out. Our students fully understand the importance of representing The John Fisher School with pride and distinction.
I hope that this website gives you a flavour of our school and the distinguished reputation it has as a beacon of Catholic education for boys.
Mr P E McCullagh
The John Fisher School: SSAT Double Award Winners 2015 & Pupil Premium Award Winners 2016